Friday, August 29, 2008

Warpwolf extreme

Here is my latest paint job. This guy is a special alternate sculpt of the warpwolf (I'll put a picture of a warpwolf that Paul painted soon) This guy is huge. As you can see it (along with most of these figs) Came in pieces and I had to glue it together. This guy took almost 2 hours to assemble. That's including filing off extra metal scraps, putting epoxy in the cracks, and holding the pieces in place while the super glue dried. Because of the time (about 10 hours total) and extra paint it took, I charged $40. I think it turned out quite nice though.

8 comments:

El Beasto said...

Although I don't really like this fig and it looks more like an ape than a wolf, the paint job is awesome-sauce.

El Beasto said...

I love the eyes.

Lura said...

It is scary. You did a very good job on it, but I wouldn't want it around because it scares me!

Lura said...

Okay, so the first time I looked at it, I was just scared. But I looked closer, and I am very, very, very impressed with your artistic abilities. The details are amazing! And I agree with Jefferson, the eyes look awesome.

Kristen said...

I like how the hair is lighter on his chest and darker on his back. Very realistic. It fades nicely from one to the other. Good job.

Kristen said...

Emily here.I love it.Awesome.Cool.
Very realistic.I also love the eyes.I want to be able to paint like you.

El Beasto said...

I'm pretty sure I have never commented on this post. (before now, anyway.) I have no recollection of writing that, and it really doesn't sound like something I would say. I'm confused. I am glad, however, that someone finally agrees with me about this looking more like an ape than a woof.

El Beasto said...

Okay, now I'm really confused. I'm pretty sure that just about 2 minutes ago, that first comment was posted by Jamie. (Who's Jamie?) What is going on. Am I going senile? Anyway, I'm confused.