Monday, October 3, 2011

A Good Wash

The first step I do after priming is a wash. In the beginning I used black, to bring out the details and make sure all of the nooks and crannies were dark. I later discovered that I could bring out the details and darken the cracks while at the same time getting down the basic color scheme to make sure it was going to work. Since the paint is watered down so much it is easy to change my mind about the colors at this point if they are not looking good on the figure. I think Jarl's basic color scheme is looking good so far. I love using the P3 mixing medium along with water when doing this first wash, because it really makes a difference in how well the color stays in the cracks. Without the mixing medium the wash will dry with air bubbles and other undesirable effects, leaving some of the regions of the model that you want in dark shadow white.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Spiffy pics. Jarl looks pretty good.